What You Should Know
UF currently maintains several lactation rooms on campus. These rooms are available for all UF students, faculty, and staff, and are designed for comfort, convenience, and privacy.
Lactation rooms typically have, the following accommodations:
- An electrical outlet
- A lockable door
- A comfortable chair
- A sink
The current list of Lactation Rooms can be accessed via the link below by clicking on Wellness and Lactation Rooms.
UF Health is committed to supporting, protecting, and promoting breastfeeding. Our lactation resources available to faculty, staff, residents, outpatients, visitors, and students at our Archer Road facilities now include:
- UF Health Shands Hospital, First Floor (near Outpatient Pharmacy and Outpatient Lab) Door code is located on the door – 8008
- UF Health Shands Hospital, Seventh Floor, Room 7502 (five pumping stations)
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, Sixth Floor, Room 6012 (two pumping stations)
- UF Health Heart & Vascular and UF Health Neuromedicine hospitals, Fourth Floor, Rooms 4537 and 4539 (one individual pumping station in each room)
- Communicore Building, Second Floor (near the elevators)
- PHHP Building, Second Floor (in the lobby area between the College of Public Health and Health Professions and the College of Nursing sections). This Pod is an ADA-accessible unit to accommodate people with disabilities.
Mamava has a user-friendly app to locate lactation rooms and pods across campus. The app provides users with functions like a map with room and pod locations, a code to unlock a pod’s door for use, and additional features.